ABOUT THE DENVER FILM SOCIETY:
The Denver Film Society, a 501(c)(3) cultural arts organization, operates the Sie FilmCenter, the organization’s year-round cinematic home, presents the annual award-winning Denver Film Festival in November and a series of niche mini-festivals throughout the year. In addition, the Denver Film Society produces the popular summer movies series, Film on the Rocks at Red Rocks Amphitheater. Since 1978, the Denver Film Society (DFS) has worked to promote film as both an art form and a civic forum. As the only nonprofit theater in Colorado, we’re dedicated to engaging both our members and the general public in a lifelong relationship with film.
The Box Office Manager is responsible for overseeing both the technical and customer-oriented functions for the organization’s box office and serves as a leader within the organization, managing all aspects of ticketing for the year-round operation and the hiring and oversight of box office during the Denver Film Festival.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly responsible for administrating all DFS ticketing operations to include weekly cinema Luminate buildouts, mini-fest ticketing/passes, events, rentals, etc.
- Oversees all ticketing/pass fulfillment across DFS, including group sales, promotional codes, pass fulfillment, etc.
- Responsible for keeping box office staff fully up to date on programs/events on sale by sending out weekly ticketing reports
- Manages all off-site events that require ticketing
- Serves as Ticketing Manager On Duty during events as needed
- Monitor box office equipment and supplies and coordinate with the tech team with any equipment repairs and updates
- Manages the implementation of customer service at DFS – Oversees all box office/concierge staff, including training and communications – Manages box office email account, and all other digital customer service portals – Manages voicemail systems and phone policy for box office staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Hire, train, schedule, and supervise Festival Box Office staff
- Oversee Box Office scheduling
- Oversee Luminate daily maintenance of ticket allocations
- Build all ticketing data for film festivals within Luminate
- Provide daily, weekly venue ticket reporting as requested
- Coordinate box office sales
- Manage online ticketing, will-call, and reporting
- Provide weekly reporting of payroll for box office staff
- Attend Festival staff meetings representing the box office
- Other duties as assigned
- Preferred 3+ years of ticketing and staff management, including: – Festival ticketing software systems – Ticket allocation management – Processing and managing internal ticket requests – Troubleshooting ticket system software and hardware – Cash handling
- Strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills; able to set priorities and meet deadlines as well as work independently and with minimal supervision
- Proven project management skills with the ability to take a project from conception through completion
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate internally and externally, and cultivate strong relationships with patrons, donors, and colleagues
- A positive and professional attitude with strong diplomacy skills and professionalism; this includes the ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Ability to work effectively on cross-functional teams in a shared office environment
- Proven customer service skills in all capacities including in-person, phone, and email communications
- Strong personnel management skills with the ability to successfully oversee staff
- Ability to creatively problem solve
- Knowledge of MS Office, Filemaker, Google Suite, Adobe Acrobat; ability to quickly learn new programs for website interface and ticketing systems
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Full-time, exempt position. Salary based on experience including a competitive benefits package provided
TO APPLY: Please email your resume to email@example.com with the subject line Box Office Manager Position.