Music on Film-Film on Music (MOFFOM) Documentary Grant
The Denver Film Society is proud to announce the first round of funding through the Music on Film-Film on Music (MOFFOM) Documentary Grant Program. The MOFFOM grant will provide up to $25,000 annually in finishing funds for documentary productions specifically for music licensing, scoring and composition. Awardees will be announced at the 40th Denver Film Festival (November 2017).
- LOI Deadline (2 pages max): April 3, 2017
- Notification of Invitation to Submit a Full Application: May 1, 2017
- Early Deadline: May 30, 2017
- Late Deadline: June 15, 2017
- MOFFOM offers grants to selected feature length documentary films in production and post-production
- A film over 70 min in length is considered a feature length film
- We do not consider proposals for fiction films, docu-dramas, student projects, or outreach campaigns
- Applicants must be 18 years or older
- A fiscal sponsor is required to receive funding. The Denver Film Society offers a fiscal sponsorship program, but applicants can select a program of their choice. International applicants may apply but must have a U.S. based fiscal sponsor should a grant be awarded. Grant recipients and their fiscal sponsors will be asked to review and sign a grant agreement and will be asked to submit progress reports on the project
HOW TO APPLY:
Letter of Inquiry (LOI):
LOI applications now closed for 2017.
Approximately ten applicants will be invited to submit a full application. Finalists’ materials will be reviewed by a panel of industry professionals including composers, music supervisors, producers, etc.
- Two-page treatment
- Three work samples. One should be footage from the project intended for the grant
- One page director statement
- How will you measure the success of this project?
- List of names, roles, and qualifications of key individuals involved in the project including a music supervisor and fiscal sponsor
- Full budget including money raised to date
The Denver Film Society will convene panels to evaluate applications and award grants at its sole discretion. Winners will be announced in a press release and on the DFS website.
Payment will be made via business check and can be made out to an individual or company name according to recipient specifications. The Denver Film Society will issue a 1099 form at the year’s end reflecting grant income.
- Filmmakers with incomplete applications will not be considered. LOI’s without payment will not be considered.
- Filmmakers shall provide an acknowledgment to the Denver Film Society and MOFFOM grant program. Logos will be provided by DFS.
- Filmmakers will be required to provide status updates throughout their projects.
For more information about MOFFOM, please contact:
Denver Film Society
1510 York St. #3
Denver, CO 80206